ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: URL Extractor

(1/6) > >>

magician62:
Most URL extractors I have found will take an HTML page and extract all URLs, but this is not what I am trying to do.
I am not looking for a downloader program, the URL are for later processing.

Scenario On Youtube, you are presented with thumbnails of other videos, each linking to their page.

What I want to be able to do is drag an image from Youtube onto "Program-X" and extract the URL
I want to be able to repeat this action so as to build a list of URL's for later processing, with each entry on a new line.
The list should be saveable in .txt format
Another optional would be the ability to copy all the URL for pasting elsewhere.

At present the steps are:-

Create .txt file
Open text file
Select thumbnail
Right click Thumbnail
Copy Shortcut
Select .txt file
Paste URL (either right click, paste or CTRL-V)
Enter (to move to next line for next entry)

The new idea should bring this down to
drag-drop
Save .txt file

TIA

rjbull:
-magician62 (August 26, 2011, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Don't overlook downloaders...  I think Internet Download Manager (IDM) can do what you want.  You can clip an area on a Web page, then go Tasks > Add batch download from clipboard.  It gives you a screen where everything is listed, with checkboxes to mark those you do/don't want.  Those required are put into a queue, which you can start at any later time you want.

magician62:
Thanks for the reply. I am a bit concerned about using IDM, as I already run Getright (another paid program), which performs much of the same function, but for what I am trying to do, still seems to adds a number of extra steps.

The purpose of the util, is not necessarily to download the files at the link, just to extract the URL's

I did find Skwire's ClipTrap, which goes part-way there. though it doesn't have drag drop addition of new links.

bob99:
-magician62 (August 26, 2011, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Don't overlook downloaders...  I think Internet Download Manager (IDM) can do what you want.  You can clip an area on a Web page, then go Tasks > Add batch download from clipboard.  It gives you a screen where everything is listed, with checkboxes to mark those you do/don't want.  Those required are put into a queue, which you can start at any later time you want.
-rjbull (August 26, 2011, 05:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I currently have Downloadhelper, FlashGot, DownThemAll, Scrapbook, Screengrab and some other add-ons in Firefox.  At one time or another one of them has been able to do something that one of the others couldn't, or was easier with.  Thinking of trying IDM and maybe now Getright. 
Could I ask your thoughts on whether IDM or Getright could replace the add-ons I have?
I'd like to try and streamline the number of programs I use if it's even feasible.

Thanks,

magician62:
From what I can tell IDM may have slightly different additional features to Getright, ( I have used getright for about 10 years, though it may have been longer, currently use the Pro version). As to if either would suitably replace what you currently use, I will leave to others to answer. Unfortunately the last time I installed Firefox, it screwed my system, and I had to spend a couple of days sorting it. The closest it gets now is a stick :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version