ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: URL Extractor

<< < (3/6) > >>

magician62:
I can confirm it was the UAC causing the drag drop issue.

A utility that processes the links to a text file may still be benefficial.

First it would eliminate the need for enter, after each line, or preparing empty lines first.
Second it would eliminate moving hand to mouse to perform each enter operation.

Outcome, a lot faster processing. Simpler for those who tend to work one handed, i.e mostly/only mouse

skwire:
I can confirm it was the UAC causing the drag drop issue.
-magician62 (August 26, 2011, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice, thanks for tracking this down.

A utility that processes the links to a text file may still be benefficial.

First it would eliminate the need for enter, after each line, or preparing empty lines first.
Second it would eliminate moving hand to mouse to perform each enter operation.

Outcome, a lot faster processing. Simpler for those who tend to work one handed, i.e mostly/only mouse
-magician62 (August 26, 2011, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fair enough, I'll write it for you.  However, it will embed the RichEdit control that WordPad uses so you will need to leave UAC off.  Cool?

magician62:
No Problems, with the UAC off. Its a great concept, but sometimes a real pain. I have a great utility, that must have it turned off, otherwise I can't use it, and unfortunately the developer is no longer with us to update it.

skwire:
Great, it'll be a few days, but I have this on my ToDo (unless somebody else does it first).

rjbull:
I currently have Downloadhelper, FlashGot, DownThemAll, Scrapbook, Screengrab and some other add-ons in Firefox.  At one time or another one of them has been able to do something that one of the others couldn't, or was easier with.  Thinking of trying IDM and maybe now Getright. 
Could I ask your thoughts on whether IDM or Getright could replace the add-ons I have?
I'd like to try and streamline the number of programs I use if it's even feasible.
-bob99 (August 26, 2011, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Can't help much, I'm afraid.  I haven't used any of those FF extensions, nor Getright.  There's also ReGet, which I seem to remember had some feature that IDM didn't, but I'm happy with IDM now.  I have used Free Download Manager (FDM), which supported proxy.pac files before IDM did and worked well, but not used it for a while.

IDM can download entire Web sites for offline browsing, but it doesn't replace utilities for clipping text or images from the Web, in the usual sense.  You need something else for that.  For that job I've used Evernote, Ultra Recall (a bit) and briefly looked at a few other things.  In a way, Evernote sort-of answers the OP, because it does clip URLs.  However, mine is the last desktop version, 2.2, and it's now gone cloud, which I don't want.  CintaNotes is a good freestanding Web clipper as long as you only want text.  Mouser's Clipboard Help+Spell (CHS) is a clipboard enhancer that now saves the URLs of Web clips (and also now clips images, despite the home page not having been updated to say so).  But, neither CintaNotes nor CHS understand and save the URLs within a page, only the URL of the page itself.  Another clipboard enhancer, ClipCache, does, but I've found recent versions somewhat fragile on my system.  I'd guess ClipMate would be certain to, as the Big Daddy of the genre, but I don't have it installed at present.

Sorry, not much help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version