ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Seriously, Youtube is becoming impossible!

<< < (7/7)

Stoic Joker:
Give them time...Soon they will be edited into the videos themselves during upload...Can almost guarantee that.
-Stephen66515 (September 28, 2011, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Except then they'd hugely increase their storage costs as they'd need to maintain different copies of vids for different ads.-Eóin (September 29, 2011, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Na, they'd just chop up your video and then chain the bits together with some type of playlist script ... Not like they care if your video skips while the ad loads. Them eyeballs need paid for Ya know... ;)

jgpaiva:
Except then they'd hugely increase their storage costs as they'd need to maintain different copies of vids for different ads.
-Eóin (September 29, 2011, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good point, I'de never thought that might be one of the reasons they don't include the ads in the video itself.
Also, there wouldn't be any "x" to close, I suppose that matters too.

Carol Haynes:
How about YouTube offering users the option of a subscription account if you want your videos to be add free? Say $1 per year per video to a maximum  of $25 a year,

Deozaan:
This may be relevant:

Yousabletube on Userscripts.org

crabby3:
Has YouTube made some major changes recently?

Because the FF Adblock Plus browser extension always used to do a good job of eliminating them. It's true those miserable adverts will reappear every so often. But the developer stays on top of things and updates regularly. So whenever adverts change tactics, the very next update to ABP (or one of its filter subscriptions) starts catching them. At least so far. Worst case (for me) has been having to put up with those ads for about a day before they magically vanish once again.

I take Adblock Plus for granted so much that I'm always stunned at what places like YouTube get up to whenever I use a browser that doesn't have it. Which is why Adblock Plus (and NoScript  :up:) are the first extensions I load whenever I'm installing Firefox.

ABP and NoScript are two extensions I also regularly send in a contribution for. I'd have gone crazy by now without them. ;D

Note: There's also versions available for Chrome and K-Meleon :-* if you're not a Firefox user.

-40hz (August 26, 2011, 06:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just watched the Adblock Plus video but it only showed popups being blocked.  Does it block those translucent buggers that rise up from the bottom?

Firefox, Chrome, Android, Opera, IE and Safari versions are now offered.  Still free.  Didn't see K-Meleon.   :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version