ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Seriously, Youtube is becoming impossible!

<< < (5/7) > >>

Deozaan:
Deozaan, I think  he meant ABP for Adblock Plus.

Jim
-J-Mac (August 26, 2011, 11:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah. Thanks. :)

40hz:
Admuncher here also, and after using it for a while I upgraded to the "lifetime license". (Just don’t know whose lifetime they're talkin's about!)

Jim
-J-Mac (August 26, 2011, 11:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yours or theirs - whichever comes first.  ;D

lanux128:
has anyone given this a try?

• AdBlock Video Kills Ads in Hulu and Other Online Video Players

Mandork:
Another little Firefox add-on that I like for dealing with annoyances is Active Stop Button.  It doesn't do much but when you occasionally have some irritating blinking icon or other animated thing, it generally works to stop the animation.

I too tend to forget that the web even has ads after using Adblock Plus for so long.  I really should donate some money, it is the best.  I don't mind a little bit of low-key advertising here and there but I am a grouchy curmudgeon when it comes to ads, and I actively avoid buying things that are heavily advertised.  Which is kind of weird, because I'm not anti-shopping or anything like that, but something about in-your-face "our products am the bestest!!" ads really drive me nuts.

lucky_1:
what if your hardware breaks and you didn't uninstall or revert to trial mode and then you had to reinstall it on the same machine (with new HDD for example) or on a new machine?
-Deozaan (August 26, 2011, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Best bet is to ask them.

But any reputable company should be willing to reset their DRM to allow a reinstall if you lost a hard drive. Usually all it takes is phone call or a few e-mails to get it straightened out. I've only had one company, in all the years I've been using a PC, absolutely refuse to let me reinstall their product following a disk crash.
 :)

-40hz (August 26, 2011, 10:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
And this company was????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version