ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Seriously, Youtube is becoming impossible!

<< < (3/7) > >>

Eóin:
Seriously, I just watched a 2 minute video clip and was having to keep clicking those annoying as hell "close" buttons that are so small, you miss half the video trying to aim on them...if you miss, your taken to the spam site, and when you finally hit the damn X, the video has finished.-Stephen66515 (August 25, 2011, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Were they all youtube ads, or annotations added by the uploader? I've never seen more than 1 pre-video ad and 1 small overlay ad on a video. The uploader however can include as many annotation boxes as they wish, any or all of which can be links to spam sites.

skwire:
Ad Muncher is terrific and takes care of the problem in all browsers, desktop RSS readers, etc..  :Thmbsup:
-app103 (August 26, 2011, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thumbs up from me as well.  Bar none, one of the best pieces of software I've EVER purchased.

40hz:
Ad Muncher is terrific and takes care of the problem in all browsers, desktop RSS readers, etc..  :Thmbsup:
-app103 (August 26, 2011, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

NSFW

+1 Ad Muncher is probably the best of breed. We have it on my GF's laptop and I'm very impressed by it.

Only drawback to Ad Mucher is that it gets a little expensive if you regularly use more than one machine. It's licensed per seat rather than per user. (For obvious reasons.)

And multiples must be purchased at the same time as the original license to qualify for the quantity discount. You can't pay to "extend" your license after the fact.

I don't have a problem with any of that. It's just something you need to be aware of. :)

superboyac:

I haven't seen a youtube ad ever in my life.

-superboyac (August 26, 2011, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's because the unicorns love you! :P

;D
-40hz (August 26, 2011, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
They do, tis true.  It's pretty kinky...

Deozaan:
I've got a question about Ad Muncher's licensing:

License Usage Policy

The number of Ad Muncher licenses you purchase decides how many copies of Ad Muncher you can have installed at a time.

If you would like to move a license to a different system, Ad Muncher must be uninstalled from or reverted to trial mode on the first system before the license is used on the new one.
--- End quote ---

Do they somehow check and prevent you from installing it on more than one PC at a time or is it an "on your honor" type thing? Because what if your hardware breaks and you didn't uninstall or revert to trial mode and then you had to reinstall it on the same machine (with new HDD for example) or on a new machine?

I hate it when "DRM" counts a reinstall after a format as another one of my limited copies. >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version