ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Comment Explorer 2.5.0.4

<< < (9/17) > >>

MilesAhead:
Comment Explorer 1.9.0.0 Now the ToolTip is shown for a comment if the file is clicked with the Left Mouse Button.

Seems there are 2 list classes in Explorer Windows.  SysListView321 is the one that needs a second kick before it will copy to clipboard. Maybe it has more of a delay getting the focus when you click, I'm not sure. But at least it seems to work every time.

Edit: it's probably a good idea to set the TimeOut option in the .ini file to 3000 or so to improve response.  When you click in one folder to show a ToolTip, then click in another folder the Timer will be running on the ToolTip.  If you mainly use Up and Down keys then you might want a longer time out since hitting the key will clear the tip right away.  But if you mainly use mouse a shorter time out would be better.

I'm still trying to figure out why some folders, the file pane is DirectUIHWND3 and some are SysListView321.  Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. SysListView321 has the slow response.

MilesAhead:
Comment Explorer 1.9.1.0 I got rid of the TimeOut option. It caused the app to bog. Now the ToolTip will stay unless you Up or Down or Click in Explorer or press Esc key anywhere.

The Purge and Backup commands are disabled in FolderMode.  But Compact Comments works in either mode.  If the Dictionary is currently empty it will pop up a dialog "No Comments to Compact."  On success it's silent.

Contro:
perfect. I'll try the weekend and comment
Best Regards
 ;D

Contro:
Owwwww. I try right now.
When you navigate with the arrow keys sometimes don't refresh the comment and appear in an icon without comment. When clicking with the mouse all goes well. The comment appear in a few seconds if exist.
 ;D
A curious thing. The comment persist in the screen when you don't minimize the window and invoke another one like the FF window. (FF is Firefox).

MilesAhead:
I haven't been getting what you talk about with the arrow keys.

I removed the timer to automatically get rid of hanging comments because it bogged it down.  When you click on any Explorer window with the mouse, including 'x' to close it, it will kill a hanging comment.  To get rid of a hanging comment press Esc key anywhere. The program lets Esc pass through.  So be aware if you have a dialog open that closes on Esc it will close too.

Can you tell me a bit more about arrow keys not working?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version