ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Comment Explorer 2.5.0.4

<< < (8/17) > >>

Contro:
I am going.
Best Regards
 :)

Contro:
I don't really understand the philosophy of the program. Because for me is much better when I have activated the program that if I highlight the file automatically show the comment.

At the present moment you don't see automatically the comment. So you have to go think in the program all time is not confortable.

In other experiment I observ and intermitent behaviour and sometimes see the comment and other dissapear.
By example : If you have previously assign the comment to a icon and use the arrow down to navigate then show the comment .

I am of the opinion that is the program is activated I have to see the comment in all situations when the icon is highlighted.

Best Regards

MilesAhead:
I don't really understand the philosophy of the program. Because for me is much better when I have activated the program that if I highlight the file automatically show the comment.

At the present moment you don't see automatically the comment. So you have to go think in the program all time is not confortable.

In other experiment I observ and intermitent behaviour and sometimes see the comment and other dissapear.
By example : If you have previously assign the comment to a icon and use the arrow down to navigate then show the comment .

I am of the opinion that is the program is activated I have to see the comment in all situations when the icon is highlighted.

Best Regards

-Contro (August 30, 2011, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then I guess it's not for you.  I tried adding Left Mouse Button click to the hotkeys. It's not dependable.  It would display the ToolTip when selecting a file at times, but not every time. It seemed to be related to the number of entries in a folder.  There's probably too many things in the system already hooked to the mouse as it is.

Thanks for trying it out. If you find anything better please let me know. I may use it myself.

Ideally it should be built into Windows. I don't understand why they have an item available in Details View called Comment but they don't let you enter a comment.

The advantage of my method is it will work the same on XP and later.  Not change with every Windows flavor.  But now you see why I hate working on this problem. I've been messing with it on and off for over 10 years. I don't see any other superior solutions by anyone else.  Therefore I have to conclude there is no good solution. Only work-arounds.

Contro:

Best Regards

-Contro (August 30, 2011, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then I guess it's not for you.  I tried adding Left Mouse Button click to the hotkeys. It's not dependable.  It would display the ToolTip when selecting a file at times, but not every time. It seemed to be related to the number of entries in a folder.  There's probably too many things in the system already hooked to the mouse as it is.

Thanks for trying it out. If you find anything better please let me know. I may use it myself.

Ideally it should be built into Windows. I don't understand why they have an item available in Details View called Comment but they don't let you enter a comment.

The advantage of my method is it will work the same on XP and later.  Not change with every Windows flavor.  But now you see why I hate working on this problem. I've been messing with it on and off for over 10 years. I don't see any other superior solutions by anyone else.  Therefore I have to conclude there is no good solution. Only work-arounds.

-MilesAhead (August 30, 2011, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glupsssss  :(
Please don't give up and continue any other version to can follow.
Ouwwww. At the present moment your program is residente and i am using.

It's for me.

;D

MilesAhead:
Thanks for using it. :)

Version 1.9 shows the tooltip using the mouse.  I found that there are 2 different list classes in Explorer Window.  One the response is snappy.  The other it misses copying on the first go.  Depending on which one happens to be used in the Explorer window, the mouse response will be better or worse.

The Up and Down keys are instant.  Don't ask me why. :)

I'll post the update notice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version