ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Share your mouse and keyboard with multiple Mac or Windows computers

<< < (7/10) > >>

ppass:
Synergy seems to be a dormant project for some time, it is good to come up with alternatives.

I work at home on 2 different networks: 1 my home ADSL, the other one my company LAN network (through VPN). The limitation of Synergy is that both computers have to be on the same LAN, so I cannot use the mouse of my comptuer on my company LAN to control my computer on my house ADSL LAN.

Is this also the assumption with the likes of inputdirector, "mouse without borders", "share mouse" or is any of these able to re-use the mouse & keyboard of a computer on a LAN network to control a computer on a different LAN?

Ath:
Our server seems to be online again:
http://www.keyboard-and-mouse-sharing.com
-BartelsMedia (September 26, 2011, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, not now, just getting socket errors here, while the main page was available yesterday :(

ppass:
Could someone tell me if any of these programs works with 2 computers on different LANs? (same question as in my previous post)

jgpaiva:
Could someone tell me if any of these programs works with 2 computers on different LANs? (same question as in my previous post)
-ppass (September 28, 2011, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
I know a friend of mine uses synergy to do this. It does involve some extra network configuration, using ssh tunnels IIRC.

bmms:
-ppass (September 28, 2011, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd recommend to use a dedicated shared network connection for a Software KVM solution. ShareMouse (like other solutions) won't be able to hop across separated networks without quirky work-arounds.

There may be good reasons why your network is separated (security?!) and you probably ask for trouble and performance loss if you try to link them.

--

By the way, we are now working on drag & drop of multiple files between Mac and Windows PCs. We will perhaps be able to post a demo video later today.

Can't wait to show it to you guys. Stay tuned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version