ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Share your mouse and keyboard with multiple Mac or Windows computers

<< < (4/10) > >>

nudone:
Any chance ShareMouse could be made to work with an iPad?

Over the weekend I'll be jailbreaking my iPad simply so I can use VNC to control it for browser testing. Would be nice if something like ShareMouse just worked enough to avoid all that messing about.

wraith808:
We kindly would like to invite you to the beta test of our latest product, the mouse and keyboard sharing software "ShareMouse", which allows you to control any computer with the mouse & keyboard of any other computer.
-BartelsMedia (August 24, 2011, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Question- I've been using the very well done MaxiVista for years (since beta, truth be told) and this seems to duplicate some of the functionality.  What are the differences?  Is this just to break out the sharing from MaxiVista as a separate product, or are new features included?

bmms:
At first sight, ShareMouse seems to replicate the remote control feature of MaxiVista.

The core difference is, that in MaxiVista, the remote control mode is internally tied to virtual video drivers of the extended screen feature.

This difference leads to some significant benefits of ShareMouse, justifying a separate product.

* MaxiVista is Windows-only. ShareMouse supports Windows and Mac OSX.

* ShareMouse works bi-directional. MaxiVista is master-slave based.

* In MaxiVista remote control mode, the virtual video driver is always active in the background, preventing Aero. ShareMouse does not have a video driver and has no effects on Aero.

* MaxiVista is limited to 3 monitors. ShareMouse supports an unlimited number of monitors and computers.

* MaxiVista does not allow to position the monitors with slight shifts. ShareMouse provides any possible monitor positioning.

* ShareMouse will get many remote control related special features that we won't implement into MaxiVista as the main focus in MaxiVista is extending the monitor screen to a 2nd Win/Mac PC.

Hope, this helps.

bmms:
Any chance ShareMouse could be made to work with an iPad.-nudone (September 22, 2011, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is no chance because Apple locked up the iPad and prevents us to run the required mouse & "keyboard" (touchpanel) hook on the iPad. If this changes, we will be first to make an iPad version. We use it, too.

By the way, there is MaxiVista for the iPad, that allows you to use your iPad as a monitor for your Windows PC. No remote control mode though.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

I kindly ask for your understanding that we are not able to develop for Jailbreakers alone as this would not make sense business-wise.

nudone:
Any chance ShareMouse could be made to work with an iPad.-nudone (September 22, 2011, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is no chance because Apple locked up the iPad and prevents us to run the required mouse & "keyboard" (touchpanel) hook on the iPad. If this changes, we will be first to make an iPad version. We use it, too.

By the way, there is MaxiVista for the iPad, that allows you to use your iPad as a monitor for your Windows PC. No remote control mode though.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

I kindly ask for your understanding that we are not able to develop for Jailbreakers alone as this would not make sense business-wise.
-BartelsMedia (September 23, 2011, 03:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. I expected it to be very difficult or impossible to do (because of the iPad being locked). Just thought I'd ask as there's an obvious need for many people - hence the jailbreak method that has to be resorted to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version