ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

U.S. East coast quake - Everybody OK?

(1/4) > >>

Edvard:
Shout out to all the DC'ers on the sunrise end of the country...  :tellme:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-08-23/Rare-earthquake-shakes-and-shocks-Eastern-Seaboard/50114870/1

Head count and status report, plz  :o

Stoic Joker:
I'm in Florida; we got nothing. But I had been wondering how the rest of the folks up the coast made out.

mrainey:
Spartanburg, South Carolina - my house did some very mild swaying, all three open laptop lids flapped a little bit.

It was a strange feeling.

cyberdiva:
I'm in Maryland, and I was in my car waiting for the light to change to green when suddenly the car started to shake rather strongly.  I looked around, trying to see what lowlife was shaking my car, but I didn't see anyone.  The shaking continued, and so I decided that the car's engine was having terrible trouble.  I worried about whether I'd make it home.  Then the shaking stopped, and  I did make it home without it happening again.  When I walked in the door my husband greeted me with "We've had an earthquake!"  Apparently our house shook quite noticeably.  Fortunately, there seems to be no damage, not even anything that fell from the shelves, though apparently there was some damage in Washington DC and Virginia.  

Deozaan:
The damage was pretty devastating around these parts:

I saw this image and similar joke posted at least 3 times in the IRC channel today, so I thought I'd put it up here, too.

I'm glad everyone is safe and sound and that damage was minimal! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version