ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Allow commenting of files in directory listing

(1/6) > >>

aurelius:
Greetings,
I was wondering if it would be possible to throw something together that would allow the addition of a comment section on directory listings. I keep all my downloaded files, sorted by month and year, and over time, many have similar names of files and many have cryptic names as well. I would like to be able to add a short text statement next to the file (or somewhere on the same line) that would make the file name more meaningful to me.

Right now, the standard fields are "Name", "Date modified", "Type" and "Size". It would be great to be able to add an inputable "Note" or "Comment" field that would accept text input and retain this information during backups etc. I believe XP either allowed me to do this or I had a toy that allowed this to happen. I am using Win 7 x64 Ultimate. Would be sweet if it were possible. ))

Thanx in advance.

skwire:
Yes, this is possible in WinXP:  http://tenmov.es/2008/03/28/how-to-add-comments-to-files-win-xp/

I don't know if it works the same in Win 7.

aurelius:
Yeah, I thought so about XP. I think you can comment on MP3s and the such but not on other files (like .zip or .exe etc). I'm hoping one of 'smart folks' can solve this for Win 7 x64. ))

rjbull:
 Would one of the file managers that use 4DOS-type DESCRIPT.ION suit your needs?  E.g. Total Commander?

aurelius:
I was hoping to avoid using another file manager, innocently hoped that someone would be able to figure out a registry solution. I really don't want to have to learn another program ((.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version