ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"good" LCD monitors - what are their type

<< < (3/6) > >>

Edvard:
+1 for the Dell Ultrasharps, I've heard those are made by the same folks that make the Apple Cinemas (LG?)

I found a few short video clips comparing TN, S-PVA and S-IPS screens.

S-PVA vs TN

Looked fairly close until the camera went too far up or down.

S-PVA vs S-IPS

Pretty close, closer than I expected, but you can see the PVA screen dimming at extreme side angles.

S-IPS vs TN

No competition, really.

nudone:
This looks like your sort of thing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/D...dp/B0046ECCW0/ref=sr_1_12

--- End quote ---

Heheh. That's what I've already got, well, the HP zr30w that is getting high praise in all the reviews recently (that's why I got it). And it does surpas anything I've seen, including my old faithful EIZO screen.

Which does make my secondary peripheral monitors look pretty poor - but they aren't s-IPS. Hence me thinking I should replace them, for some that are a bit smaller, but s-IPS. It's more a case of finding ones that are a good price now. They are more expensive than I was expecting them to be to be honest.

Those videos are good to get across the differences.

tomos:
another vote for the Dell Ultra-Sharp series (my model is "e-IPS", whatever that is...)

Dell have a very good & cheap series of IPS monitors (recommended by Prad.de here)
http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/landing/de/emea/ultrasharpmonitor?c=de&l=de&s=gen

For some reason the 23" one is available for as little as 230 euro - seems a crazy price to me for an IPS panel.
I bought the matte 22" 2209WA exactly a year ago (for around e300) - it has almost perfect RGB out of the box. It's great for the price (lighting at the sides [on my screen] is slightly uneven but only noticeable it when screen is an even grey

(sorry, dont have any english links)
-tomos (December 29, 2010, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

the 2209 model is 16:10 = 1680x1050

nudone:
Ath pointed out the Dell 2007FP, which could be perfect now that I've seen what else is out there. There are two problems though; I can't see anywhere that this model is s-ips or even ips and nor can I see that it will do portrait mode (the stand does look tall enough).

If anyone can see those details on this model then I'll be ready to order.

nudone:
Tomos, does your monitor allow for portrait mode? I've just seen that Dell do a 2210 that can do portrait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version