ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

HP announces it's discontinuing all WebOS device development

<< < (2/5) > >>

cyberdiva:
Would anyone cry if HP disappeared altogether? I certainly wouldn't.
-Carol Haynes (August 19, 2011, 07:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I'll shed a few tears, since I still use my beloved PalmTX.  Then again, HP hasn't provided much support for the TX.  But then again, after a while, neither did Palm, so I was happy that HP bought Palm.  Oh well.... 

Carol Haynes:
I was more thinking of their consumer products:

* expensive PCs (made with the cheapest components - I have had more HP desktops fail than any other make),
* fairly nondescript laptops (filled with crapware),
* terrible printers (slow, expensive to run, noisy, error prone and with the worst software ever - guaranteed to break under normal use)
They did such a  good marketing job on Palm I hadn't even realised HP owned Palm - I thought it died years ago.

Renegade:
I've always had good luck with HP printers.

allen:
I'm mourning over the death of webOS, returning my [beloved] TouchPad this afternoon. HP is more than welcome to go away entirely. Damn Leo.

wraith808:
I've always had good luck with HP printers.
-Renegade (August 19, 2011, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have one that's 6 years old and is a network printer, and it just works.  I had an HP Laptop, and I used it for years with no problems, and passed it down and it's still in use.  And I'm still using the tc1100 as I said before.  All consumer products, all very well done and in extensive use.  Other than the price of their cartridges, I've nothing but good things to say about HP consumer products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version