ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Strip all metadata on saving option

(1/1)

ginger:
Though the metadata SC saves with an image can be useful locally, there's an amount & detail of it that can be compromising if not removed before forwarding an image to 3rd partys.  Using windows to create a copy removing all properties is time consuming and inconvenient, when such an option could be present in the SC file save as box. Therefore I would like to request the addition of such a feature.

mouser:
generally my position has been that if you don't want the metadata notes (typically date+time of capture along with application window being captured) in your files, you can just disable them.

but i can definitely see the value of keeping the info in local files but choosing to remove it when making a copy.  i will add this ability..i just have to see how hard it would be to add it to the save as dialog.  i may have to go with a different option like a different Save menu item "Save without metadata.."

mouser:
Has been added to beta version.. will be in next release.

ginger:
Nice one mouser!
Perfectly implemented.
Appreciated.
:beerchug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version