ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Windows management script

<< < (2/7) > >>

Curt:
I understand very little of what is going on here.
On my desktop Vista "Alt+F4" will close active window/program at once. Did I get this feature from strangers?
Right-clicking a titlebar will pop up an important menu. Why would you want to disable such a feature?

skwire:
Here's how to do your right-click titlebar request.  I've purposefully made it so that you can still right-click the titlebar icon to get the so-called SysMenu to show for a given window.  Thanks for covering the rest of the bases, Justice.   :Thmbsup:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---~RButton::{    CoordMode, Mouse, Screen    MouseGetPos, ClickX, ClickY, hWnd    {        SendMessage, 0x84, , ( ClickX & 0xFFFF ) | ( ClickY & 0xFFFF ) << 16,, ahk_id %hWnd%        If ( ErrorLevel = 2 )        {            WinClose, ahk_id %hWnd%        }    }}Return

Stoic Joker:
I understand very little of what is going on here.
On my desktop Vista "Alt+F4" will close active window/program at once. Did I get this feature from strangers?-Curt (August 17, 2011, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope that's normal windows behavior. Also Ctrl+F4 will close the active child in a MDI application. Come to think of it, In Windows 7, if you click (and hold) on a window, then shake it. It will minimize all other windows. Shake it again and they come back.

skwire:
Here's a somewhat inelegant way to minimise all except for the active window (using your AltGr-F9, I believe):

--- Code: Autohotkey ---<^>!^F9::{    CurrentWinID := WinExist( "A" )    WinMinimizeAll    WinRestore, ahk_id %CurrentWinID%    }Return
Of course, the elegant way would be to get all IDs for all windows, loop through them and minimise all except the active window.  However, you then run the risk of minimising stuff you don't want like widgets, special hidden windows, etc.

tomos:
Wow, this is great :-*

everything is working nicely - only thing I havent tested yet is shutdown. **

Here's a somewhat inelegant way to minimise all except for the active window [...]-skwire (August 17, 2011, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
this works well -
and what with win7 graphics it looks fine too :up:

Re shutdown (remember, not tested yet), is there a way of raising the Alt+F4 windows shutdown dialogue?
That way I would get to choose exactly what I want, but more importantly I would have to confirm, so I would be covered in case of mistaken use of shortcut.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version