topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:23 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Thank you for offering such wonderful software  (Read 2629 times)

richierein

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for offering such wonderful software
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Gentlemen,

I would like to take this time to thank you for allowing me to use your excellent software products, most specifically 'screenshot captor'.  Unfortunately I am unable to provide a donation to assist you in continuing this great work. I am severely disabled, live in a nursing home and have an extremely limited income provided to me by the US government.  Under ordinary circumstances I would be pleased to repay you for your outstanding generosity.

Richard Rein

:)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:23 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Thank you for offering such wonderful software
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:36 AM »
Thank you for the kind words Richard, and welcome to our little family here -- you are among friends :up:

This site was built on the idea that we would ask people to do something they normally do not do: To consider seriously the idea of financially supporting authors of software they like with an amount of their choosing.

In this time of economic struggle, no one should feel bad for not being able to afford to donate (you might even view this humorous chart we made showing suggested donation amount based on income).

Anyone who can't afford to donate should email us for a free lifetime license key, and not be shy about joining in our discussions.  And remember the quote from Plato: "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."