ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > MEWLO Web Framework

OLD - Unfinished Web project: YUMPS

<< < (10/17) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Yii provides a php framework in which you can build just about anything.

There are plenty of Yii add-ons, or templates, or plugins that provide user / permission / etc functionality.  One of the problems is that you need to install a few different ones generally to get what you want.

From what I understand, Mouser is writing a single module plugin that will do all the user based functions: account / messaging / permissions / etc.

It will be a 'single' module that can be installed into any Yii application and will provide 'out of the box' support for user accounts stuff.  What the Yii application does is entirely up to the developer.

mouser:
Yes, pretty much what perry said.

mouser:
ps. If anyone can think of any way I could raise funding to keep working on yumps please do contact me -- I'd love nothing more than to be able to work on it near full time for a year -- it's a giant project.

superboyac:
ps. If anyone can think of any way I could raise funding to keep working on yumps please do contact me -- I'd love nothing more than to be able to work on it near full time for a year -- it's a giant project.
-mouser (March 11, 2012, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll look into it mouser.  I would also like for you to be able to work on it.

mouser:
Awesome.

The idea of YUMPS is to have a really robust and fantastic, programmer-friendly foundation for creating custom web services, social sites, etc.  So that if one had an idea for a new kind of project along the lines of facebook, etsy (anything with user accounts!) -- you would be able to get that off the ground and coded in a fraction of the time it would take to code it from scratch, and with a fraction of the maintenance and extensibility hassles (and a much more robust feature set) than you would have if you started with one of the existing codebases (whether that be a cms codebase like Drupal, or a lower level programming framework).

A good potential source of funding might be someone with a specific custom web service/site project in mind (or two or three), that was interested in having me create both the generic YUMPS system, and at the same time implementing their specific needs as the showcase site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version