ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > MEWLO Web Framework

OLD - Unfinished Web project: YUMPS

<< < (3/17) > >>

db90h:
I'm not looking for investors since i don't think something like this can be sold.. But i'd be very pleased to find a company that would be willing to fund further development/customization for use in other projects, enough so i could keep working on it.
-mouser (August 15, 2011, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know much about venture capital, as I believe most software companies these days can be run with such low overhead (initially) that they don't really need these people. But NOTHING is free in the world, and you always give up both a percentage of ownership and sometimes a hell of a lot of control. The VCs actually seem a little ... I dunno, but it doesn't seem right to walk in somewhere and get a huge bunch of money. The ability to get this largely depends on who you know, etc..

Target:
I don't know much about the process, but might this be something you could 'float' through kickstarter?

Perry Mowbray:
Perry, that walking trip looks wild.  :Thmbsup:
-mouser (August 15, 2011, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's made me feel selfish really  :-[ 

It's pushed just about everything else out of the way (NANY, coding, drawing, etc)... But it's an investment into my marriage that I'm very much looking forward to.  It's also for me (which makes me feel selfish)... but hopefully it will reap dividends in other areas  :)

I'm not looking for investors since i don't think something like this can be sold.. But i'd be very pleased to find a company that would be willing to fund further development/customization for use in other projects, enough so i could keep working on it.
-mouser (August 15, 2011, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

* Can't donations be gathered pre-project? (just give me the opportunity...)
* Can't the project have a funded version as well as a donation version? (although that sounds like a headache)

mahesh2k:
How about charging for installation and hosted solution ? You can keep code for download and free if you want. But you can charge for hosted solution, just like wordpress.

mouser:
How about charging for installation and hosted solution ?
--- End quote ---

this is really a project for programmers -- so it's not something that a group could deploy without having a programmer already.  and i don't want to get into hosting business.

perhaps the best way to think about it going forward is i'll just use it to build the couple of sites i have it intended for, and look for the opportunity to build additional specific sites using it, as paid projects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version