ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bought a desktop and monitor today

<< < (5/6) > >>

Ath:
so I want to know where you're shopping!
-wraith808 (August 15, 2011, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's at the local "Media Markt" (these 3 monitors pages, sorry, all in Dutch, but the prices and specs you can prolly extract from there)
I've been talking about 22"/23" monitors mostly, but they have a few bargains on 24" and 27" as well.

wraith808:
^ Unless I'm missing something, all of those are 1920 x 1080?

kyrathaba:
The above-mentioned PC is going to my oldest daughter, as I've replaced it with a better system.  I now have a better monitor, too (23" widescreen, versus 22", and better resolution).

New PC is more powerful:

[*]1920x1080 resolution, as opposed to 1680x1050 resolution
[*]Uses DDR3 1333(667 MHz) versus DDR2 memory, and have 8Gb as opposed to 6Gb RAM
[*]3.2 GHz processor, as opposed to 2.6GHz
[*]Quad-core as opposed to dual-core
[*]CPU is AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 650 Processor
[*]Video adapter is ATI Radeon HD 4200
[/list]

cranioscopical:
Congratulations, you're going strong!

By Christmas I expect you'll have a Sequoia!

iphigenie:
I splurged recently - after years of making do.
First a new laptop (only a little bit better than my old 2007 rock but lighter and smaller) and then built a desktop with what I would call "sweet spot" components. Hence my renewed gaming obsession :)

Wish I knew what to do with older laptops that I have (all are still pretty good). Happy to put linux on them and donate them somewhere, but how to find who could use them. Hardware components too.

I am throwing away a 2006 15" asus notebook with a dedicated radeon card, but as the battery is dead and the PSU vanished (athough it works with my emergency Trust power supply) I can't quite give away, and a PSU is £50 :( Also throwing away a whole reasonably good motherboard-cpu-memory from about the same time... *sigh*. Hate waste, but wasting space is no better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version