ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Next step up from Autohotkey

<< < (4/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
Dos programming manual to Int 21H-MilesAhead (August 15, 2011, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm no programmer, and even I've heard of that!  :)
-rjbull (August 16, 2011, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh.  They used to call it "the Dos Interrupt." If you wanted to fake it you new assembler to non asm types all you had to say was "There's an interrupt for that. Int 21H subfunction yadda yadda" and they'd go for it. :)

rjbull:
all you had to say was "There's an interrupt for that. Int 21H subfunction  -MilesAhead (August 16, 2011, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
For which, I believe, the C equivalent is "I think you'll find that in Knuth?"  :)

MilesAhead:
all you had to say was "There's an interrupt for that. Int 21H subfunction  -MilesAhead (August 16, 2011, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
For which, I believe, the C equivalent is "I think you'll find that in Knuth?"  :)
-rjbull (August 17, 2011, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I knuth you were going to say that. :)
Unfortunately I don't have a para-digms to rub together these days.

kwacky1:
+1 for AutoIt, I use it every second of every day at work, I have 100's of scripts that I use all the time for all sorts of tasks (deploying software, managing active directory etc).  :-*

I also use AutoHotkey but pretty much as MilesAhead says, only for Hotkey type things, but I learnt about AHK after I already was well into AutoIt (learnt AHK via the DC programming school!).

I also started way back in the day with GW-BASIC, mastered Turbo Pascal and dabbled in C/C++.  But nowadays it's all autoit/asp(vbscript)/php/tsql/mysql for me.

LibertyToad:
Python is a logical step up from AutoHotKey.  Python is a wonderful language.  Concise, easy to use, and pretty clear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version