ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Film vs. Movie?

<< < (5/5)

KynloStephen66515:
Here in England, I know I use the term 'Film' more than 'Movie'  ("Hey, you wanna grab some food and watch a film tonight?")

My take on the difference in this context though, is as follows:

Film:
     Documentary Recording
     French Subtitled Stuff

Movie:
     Any other feature length title (Spiderman, Mr. Poppers Penguins, etc)

rsatrioadi:
app103 - Fortunately (or is it unfortunately?) where I live, a cinema that plays better movies (which means any movie other than cheap erotic ones) is still considered a luxury. That means they have good and clean restrooms, comfy chairs, and pretty spacious leg room. Better (or worse) yet, buying a DVD is actually even more expensive than paying ticket for 5. The taxes are too damn high. We still have to deal with annoying people though, and having a DVD means we can watch it over and over. I myself prefer to go to the cinema for visually pleasing movies and buy DVDs for more complex movies that I would watch more than once. For other movies I'd just borrow from my friends (rental is not very popular here). :P

Oh, and one of the best advantages of watching a DVD is we can pause it at any time should we need to go to the toilet or fetch some snacks. :P

fenixproductions:
I've always thought that film / theatre are British while movie / cinema - American.

Well, even my English (UK) Spell Checker in Firefox gives the "movie" wavy red line :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version