ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... opinions/reviews of IDEs & Editors for Web code

<< < (2/4) > >>

barney:
Tried DreamWeaver when it first came out.  Bought it.  Tried for a week.  Threw it away and went back to HomeSite  ;D.  As you say, it's a designer tool, and I am not a designer  :(.
I've had pretty much the same experience with NetBeans as with Eclipse - and Aptana, forgot to mention that one, sorry - the difference being that I could get it to run, albeit slowly.

Not familiar with Notepad++.  Tend to use PSPad, TreePadX, or NoteTab Pro for text editing chores.

Still playing with HippoEdit off and on, but not familiar enough yet to say yea! or nay!, but it's looking to be competition for Komodo  :-\.

barney:
Just pulled down Sublime Text, 64-bit portable v2 beta.  Installed it - can you say that about portables  ;D? - and took a quick look.  Looks good just according to what it purports to handle.  Never heard of it before, so there's another one to check  :'( :P.  Thanks.

Tuxman:
"Installable portable" - seems legit.  :D

I'm not sure where I had found it but ST was, at least, discussed on DC as well. :)

No problem!

barney:
Thanks again :Thmbsup:.

That link led me to Cream.  Damn you  :P, you're gonna make me work[/] :'(.

Tuxman:
Cream is bloatware. Make your own .vimrc and you're fine.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version