ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... opinions/reviews of IDEs & Editors for Web code

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
PhpDesigner - works fine with PHP and other web dev tasks.
-mahesh2k (August 09, 2011, 12:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is it activation based?  i.e. do you have to activate it over the internet?

One suggestions I saw elsewhere was to try one of the JetBrains solutions: http://www.jetbrains.com/index.html

Either WebStorm or PhpStorm. They were recommended as faster alternatives to the more popular IDEs. None of the JetBrains stuff is free but they do seem quite nice.
-nudone (August 09, 2011, 03:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does anyone know what the difference in features is in WebStorm vs PhPStorm?  I couldn't readily tell from the site.

Ath:
Does anyone know what the difference in features is in WebStorm vs PhPStorm?
-wraith808 (August 09, 2011, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
From the PhpStorm page:
Note: PhpStorm includes all the functionality of WebStorm (HTML/CSS Editor, JavaScript Editor) and adds full-fledged support for PHP.
--- End quote ---

urlwolf:
One product I want to try out is Xara's Web Designer 7. It's one of those visual template driven page creators. I wouldn't want to use it for everything. But there are some projects I've worked on where I could see it being very useful. (At least if it works half as well as Xara claims it does. )
--- End quote ---

Has anyone tested this?
Looks like it'd produce pretty horrible html and css. But so does dreamweaver, right?

40hz:
^AFAIK all the wysiwyg web design tools do

Carol Haynes:
One product I want to try out is Xara's Web Designer 7. It's one of those visual template driven page creators. I wouldn't want to use it for everything. But there are some projects I've worked on where I could see it being very useful. (At least if it works half as well as Xara claims it does. )
--- End quote ---

Has anyone tested this?
Looks like it'd produce pretty horrible html and css. But so does dreamweaver, right?
-urlwolf (August 09, 2011, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have tried this but haven't produced any website with it yet. The HTML/CSS is pretty grim but Xara is very fast to work with and the pages seem to load recently fast in a browser. Nice to have real text flow around any shaped object (and it works blazingly fast) but the HTML is pretty dense!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version