ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

IDEA: Mute sound from all windows/applications except Whitelisted

<< < (3/3)

JavaJones:
Click the volume icon in the system tray then Mixer. You should see most *running* apps shown with their own respective volume controls. Set the volume the way you want it per-app, it will remember the setting between sessions of that app and sessions of Windows. Of course you must have the app running to set the volume, so simply start an app you want to set volume for if it's not showing up in that list. There may be other reasons it would not show up in the list, but pretty much all apps I've ever wanted to control have been there. A very nice addition to Win7.

- Oshyan

ppass:
Found it, thanks. However, there is no sound control for IE, Firefox, etc.

JavaJones:
Ahhh yes, correction to what I said above: there has to be audio coming from whatever you want to adjust. So just start playing a YouTube video or something and you'll see the volume for that app appear (in the case of Firefox it might be the plugin container, and unfortunately this may not control e.g. embedded audio in a web page, so you may need to find an example of that). A little bit of a pain, yes, but think of what it would be like if it tried to show all apps. All *running* apps would be nice though. I suppose it just looks for apps making calls to the audio system and presents volume control for each audio stream. Maybe not ideal, but a big improvement over XP.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version