ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software Hall of Fame

<< < (7/14) > >>

mouser:
For the original IBM PC:
Turbo C, XyWrite, BasicA.

40hz:
... only retards and kids did 100%-assembly applications even back then ...-f0dder (August 05, 2011, 05:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

I find this statement to be more than just a little bit offensive.

-widgewunner (August 07, 2011, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

@widgerunner - FWIW, that's just f0dder doing his f0dder 'tech-ninja' thing. :D  

When he's in that mode, most of what he says gets said with tongue jammed firmly in cheek.  ;)

He's a very nice guy - and I doubt he ever intended to offend, or have that remark be taken seriously.  :)

f0dder:
@widgerunner - FWIW, that's just f0dder doing his f0dder 'tech-ninja' thing. :D 

When he's in that mode, most of what he says gets said with tongue jammed firmly in cheek.  ;)

He's a very nice guy - and I doubt he ever intended to offend, or have that remark be taken seriously.  :)
-40hz (August 07, 2011, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't intend to offend anybody - except for people who still believe writing large parts of their applications in assembly is a good idea.
* f0dder admires firmly bulging cheek
In seriousness, 'retards' was perhaps a bit strongly worded. Let's rephrase it to "people who thought they knew better, but seldomly did." (I've been through the "kiddy" period, but fortunately I got smarter.)

40hz:
I didn't intend to offend anybody - except for people who still believe writing large parts of their applications in assembly is a good idea.
-f0dder (August 08, 2011, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

And those who try to defend Spinrite.  :P

(Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;) ;D )
---------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. +1 on that point. :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
I'll tell you the one that got me all into software:
Pegasus Mail
Hardly ever mentioned as still one of the best email clients around, and free!  I remember very vividly how I got into software:
I had just moved into a studio apartment in my 2nd year at Berkeley.  Whoever lived there before me used to get those enormous Computer Shopper magazines delivered.  You remember those?  They were like an inch thick, made of newspaper, and full of articles, ads, tech geek info.  There was an email client shootout, and Pegasus got the highest ranking.  So I decided to try it out, and I've been trying shit out ever since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version