ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Multi Photo Quotes

Automatically Refresh Photo Directory

(1/2) > >>

kendrkin:
Hello Mouser,

Thank you for this program.  I have used it for a Dual Screen Photo Frame.  I am making another for my parents, and was wondering if there was a way for MPQ to automatically refresh its photo directory, so when I add photos to their photo frame remotely, the photos wind up in the queue.  I know I could restart the screensaver, but I am trying to reduce the amount of remote access as possible.  I did notice that there is something in the commandline, but I am unsure of how to implement it, or how it would work.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks again for your hard work!

mouser:
Hi kendrkin,

I'm glad you like the program.  It's not one i get much feedback about so it makes me happy to hear someone is using it -- seeing the photo of it in use on the wall made my day.  :up:

I've actually been meaning to add that feature for quite a while, and this is perfect timing for it.

I'll try to add it today -- if not today then definitely this week.

tomos:
Hello Mouser,

Thank you for this program.  I have used it for a Dual Screen Photo Frame. ...
-kendrkin (August 03, 2011, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

wow, that is seriously impressive kendrkin  :) :up:

mouser:
I've uploaded a beta with folder monitoring support.  Hopefully it will work even on network shares..

It would also be possible for me to add ways to trigger certain behavior through a commandline call if people think that would be useful; so i could add commands that would tell MPQ to refresh it's images or quotes, or switch in and out of away-message mode. Added to beta.

kendrkin:
@mouser, Thanks so much for getting on this as quickly as you were able.  I will kick the tires and let you know it turns out.  I am very happy that my photo frame brought a smile to your face.  :D  Hope the instructable drives some traffic your way.

@tomos, Not bad for recycling what my friends were tossing out.  :Thmbsup:  Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version