ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why My Mom Bought an Android, Returned It, and Got an iPhone

<< < (10/11) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Hmm, shocking that WP7 would work with Exchange and others would have problems? Hehe. Or do you mean just in general?-JavaJones (August 24, 2011, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Both actually, but if you look at Office 2007's track record with the same RPC over HTTP style connection it isn't really a given out of the gate. I got a laptop on the bench now I'm about to either downgrade to 03 or shoot.

@Darwin - Good Man!  

I too have run into some of the cronic sales bias against the Windows Phones. Fortunately I have a rather strong bias against sales people...which tends to make them feel bad after I finish expressing it (Tehehe). ;)

Stoic Joker:
I want WP7 to be successful, and actually want a WP7 device.  However, I run into the dual problem of (a) some of the apps I use on my phone daily aren't available on WP7 and (b) I have too much money invested into iOS apps.  My first smartphone was a windows mobile phone, and I have had several since.  I had the same pain when I moved from windows mobile (my last was a Pantech Duo that my daughter only recently upgraded from), and don't relish going through that again.

*sigh*
-wraith808 (August 24, 2011, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Look on the bright side, at least you won't need to worry about the store being sold out of them when you get ready to make the jump.

Proximo:
I consider myself a Geek but choose not to use Android.  Why is it that people say Android is for Geeks?  If this is the case, then Google really messed up.  There are more normal everyday users out there than there are Geeks.  If you are trying to succeed and become the world leader of any platform, you need to realize who you are designing it for.

This is why Linux has and never will succeed to the level of Windows or OSX.

As a Geek, I am also a professional a husband and a father.  My life is busy enough as it is and I need my Tech devices to simply work.  The iPhone is not only simple, but it does exactly what I need it to do in a simple and predictable way.

I love and use most of Google Services but I still carry an iPhone.  I love Google Services but love Apple hardware.  I don't think this makes me a newbie or stupid.  I think spending less time with a device that should make life easier is intelligent.  Having a device suck more energy out of me than I need and making my life more difficult is actually stupid.

Android is too unpredictable.  When I look at the offerings, I need to consider the manufacturer because their UI's are completely different.  I need to pay attention to the version of the OS since there are several out there.  I need to be careful of the Market place since a lot of Malware is found in there because it's not policed. 

No thanks.  I will stick with the iPhone.  It works, it's simple, I always have the latest version and I can spend more time living life rather than tweaking my device.

wraith808:
^ +1.  That sums up my feelings too.

Ath:
Why is it that people say Android is for Geeks?
-Proximo (September 26, 2011, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
IMHO, it's more that Android is also for geeks. The iPhone 4 my employer forced into my hands, feels is much more closed than the Android I've been carrying around for more than 1 year now. But that one I choose myself because of the opportunities the platform offers... And ofcourse I think of myself being a technical/geek user :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version