ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why My Mom Bought an Android, Returned It, and Got an iPhone

<< < (9/11) > >>

daddydave:
Best to have one of each, for the best of both worlds!

dumbphone ($15 / month for me (NET10))
smart non phone ($0 /month)

Stoic Joker:
So perhaps in summary: Android has higher potential for awesome, iOS has more consistent execution of good-to-awesome. And WP7 doesn't sell enough to matter.-JavaJones (August 24, 2011, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Out of the dozen of us here with smart phones. we have:
 One (sales type) with an iPhone that has had to be reminded 3 times in the past 2 months how to find the Exchange server.

Most of the others are running some flavor of Android all of which have had to be flattened at least 5 times in he past 6 months for various reasons, many of which involved getting (to the Exchange server) Email.

And one Odd-Man-Out (me) who insisted on having a Windows (WP7) phone...Just to be an asshole. However, in the above mentioned very same past few months. The Windows Phone has consistantly just worked requiring only a good charging every other day.

So I guess Kewl ain't everything. ;)

JavaJones:
Hmm, shocking that WP7 would work with Exchange and others would have problems? Hehe. Or do you mean just in general? Also, all/most of the WP7 phones I know to date are fairly consistent hardware-wise and sort of have a baseline level of quality (a good thing, of course). That's true of iOS as well. Less so of Android unfortunately, but that's one price of being open...

- Oshyan

Darwin:
Stoic Joker - I'm the odd-man out WP7 user where I am, too. I'm the odd-man out in that, in almost a year, I've yet to see another WP7 phone in the wild anywhere in my hometown, population @80,000. It's strange because I think it is a great phone and a great OS. I've experienced the oft-reported (not always) subtle sales pitches away from WP7 to iOS or Android in shops (I often go in and look at other phones - because I'm quite sad, really  ;D), so there is a clear sales bias against the OS.

wraith808:
I want WP7 to be successful, and actually want a WP7 device.  However, I run into the dual problem of (a) some of the apps I use on my phone daily aren't available on WP7 and (b) I have too much money invested into iOS apps.  My first smartphone was a windows mobile phone, and I have had several since.  I had the same pain when I moved from windows mobile (my last was a Pantech Duo that my daughter only recently upgraded from), and don't relish going through that again.

*sigh*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version