ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Speech to Text Software?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Curt:
maybe Adobe Audition CSS 5.5

Edited:
No.
--------

Contro asked for almost the same, but didn't find anything.

Renegade:
No luck. The Cool C ReadWrite wouldn't run without a license, and the company is out of business it looks like. (Web site gone.)

@joiwind - The first link was a 404. Which did you mean there?

J-Mac:
Windows 7 - and Vista, I think - has its own Windows Speech Recognition engine/program. I understand that it's pretty decent too.

I have used Dragon and I can tell you that the base program is pretty much a demo; you need to use the Pro version, which costs quite a bit more!

Jim

xtabber:
The quality of speech recognition depends on a lot of factors. If you want to use it for yourself, you can usually adapt your speech patterns to optimize results. If you want to capture speech from others and convert it to text, what you get is pretty unpredictable.

I moved my "business" phone # to Google Voice last year, which allows me to check messages as text transcriptions on my personal Android phone instead of listening to them.  Some people's voices don't "take" and either don't get transcribed at all, or get horribly mixed up, even though the voice message is perfectly clear to me. Others come through flawlessly, even though they are more difficult for me to hear.

Although it's not a publisheedl API and is not supported by Google, some folks have used Google Voice for voice recognition. See here for an example.

There are a number of voice recognition engines available for IVR (Interaactive Voice Recognition), which more and more firms (in the U.S., anyway) are turning to automate the initial contact phase of their telephone support services. Microsoft's Tellme is supposed to be built into Windows 8, and is available now for integration into commercial IVR solutions.

Unfortunately these IVR solutions are also being used for automated telephone marketing and polling, which is one reason I prefer to check my voice mail via transcription.

Renegade:
So far I've turned up nothing useful. Sure there are engines, but I don't want to do development for this. And if I had to, I'd want to work in C# and not C.

And I most certainly do not want to pay for every single word that goes through it. (A lot of SDKs are server-based and not much more than an uploader.)

I really just want something that "kind of" works. It doesn't need to be perfect, but good enough to go back and read or edit.

Well, I think I give up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version