ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > AutoHotkey

Hide Gui Buttons previously created

(1/1)

justice:
In a loop I create a bunch of buttons with the following code:
Code:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---Gui, Add, Button, gButtonDestinationSelect HWNDButtonDestinationSelect%a_index%, %ButtonLabel%
Later on I want to hide/disable all these buttons using GuiControlGet, Hide but I'm not able to 'point' to these buttons, could anyone write a quick example?

skwire:
GuiControlGet doesn't handle hiding/showing/disabling/enabling of buttons.  GuiControl does.  Consider this example:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---Loop, 6{    Gui, Add, Button, vmyButton%A_Index%, Click me}Gui, Show  Sleep, 1500 ; Small delay to show form before changes.  Loop, 6{    If ( Mod( A_Index, 2 ) = 1 ) ; Hide odd-numbered buttons.    {        GuiControl, Hide, myButton%A_Index%    }    Else ; Disable even-numbered buttons.    {        GuiControl, Disable, myButton%A_Index%    }    Sleep, 500 ; Small delay to show changes happening.} Return ; End of auto-execute section.  GuiClose:GuiEscape:{    ExitApp}Return

justice:
Thanks, sorry that was lazy typing I meant GuiControl. However, my buttons to not have variables assigned to them for a specific reason I cannot remember why, is there a way to do it without?

skwire:
In regards to GuiControl -- you have two choices if you don't have variable names assigned to the buttons.

* You can use the "classname + instance number" combo.  Button1, Button2, etc.  I would advise against this method since that enumeration will change if you add other buttons before you add those looped buttons.
* You can use the text of the button itself.  Obviously, the text would need to be unique for each button (which I don't think it is in your case).

justice:
Got it to work :) Great.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---Errorlevel =GuiControl,Enable,btn1%a_index%                If ErrorLevel                         Gui, Add, Button, vbtn1%a_index%, %ButtonLabel%                Else                {                        GuiControl,Text,btn1%a_index%,%ButtonLabel%                        GuiControl,Show,btn1%a_index%                }I'm still not sure why I removed the variables initially, so will do serious testing.. Thanks so much skwire :) sometimes  AHK just lacks a simple example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version