ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What special character do you use to have a file sorted at the top?

<< < (4/7) > >>

Renegade:
What do you all use to always have a file/folder sort to the bottom?
-AndyM (July 28, 2011, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've seen people use prefixes like "zzz_"
-superboyac (July 28, 2011, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use the underscore to put them at the top, and z's at the bottom. It works.

I don't like ! or ~ though for the reasons mentioned above - scripts, etc.

Stoic Joker:
What do you all use to always have a file/folder sort to the bottom?-AndyM (July 28, 2011, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Delete.

If it really has to be de-prioritized that badly...There's most likely no real reason to keep it.

app103:
What do you all use to always have a file/folder sort to the bottom?-AndyM (July 28, 2011, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Delete.

If it really has to be de-prioritized that badly...There's most likely no real reason to keep it.
-Stoic Joker (July 29, 2011, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why assume that pinning at the bottom is a method of de-prioritizing? I could see where in some cases you may have pinned so many at the top that it might be getting pretty crowded there and you decide to start pinning some at the bottom for quicker, easier access.  ;)

AndyM:
--- End quote ---

Delete.

-Stoic Joker (July 29, 2011, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have many toolbars in my taskbar, all of which are minimum width so the contents of the toolbars only display when I cllick on the toolbar button, the >>.  The contents of the toolbar flies out vertically, so the folder or file at the bottom is the first one available.

arun:
I use a space infornt of the file/folder name i.e "project1" will be renamed " project1", i use "ren" command in a command prompt to rename

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version