ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

[Request] Tell me who said what first!

<< < (2/3) > >>

skwire:
First you say that the words you want stats for (the match words) are not user provided but now you say that all words would be okay, too.  I'm confused.  You sound as if you're not certain you want all words but you've also said you're not going to provide which words to gather data on.  So, how is the program supposed to determine which words to gather data on?

Edvard:
Most deposition and courtroom transcribing softwares do this, and can provide an optional alphabetically-sorted word list with page references as an appendix.
They typically exclude conjunctions and the like, e.g. "and", "from", "to", etc.
RealLegal.com's products do this, and produce .PTX files that can be read and printed with the E-Transcript Viewer.

I think that's something like what OP wants, but instead of a static document generator or reader, it should be an interface that allows the user to extract word lists dynamically sortable by first occurrence, speaker, and frequency; perhaps even generate a report based on the sorting criteria.
I'm sure some of the heavyweight legal software like IproTech, CTSummation, Concordance, or CaseMap have methods for this, but they also tend to be huge, expensive, and only useful to lawyers and paralegals.

Skwire, if you can pull this off, I believe you'll be tapping a market bigger than you know...

Ath:
This would be a job that should IMHO be done in a full OO language like Java/JRE or C#/.NET, and it sure would take some time, but it's quite doable.

I'd be curious what the OP is going to be using it for ;) that might influence the implementation.

kyrathaba:
It's basically a string-manipulation/regular-expressions task.  C# is quite capable in this area, but as Ath said, it would take some time to code it.

skwire:
It's basically a string-manipulation/regular-expressions task.-kyrathaba (July 28, 2011, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, that's all it really is.  I would daresay that almost any language could handle this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version