ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Battery Life vs Expandable Memory (Music Player)

<< < (2/2)

Carol Haynes:
My answer is to buy a decent MP3 player - I am still using my old Creative Zen Photo MP3 players (years old now). 8Gb of memory and play up to 20 hours on a single charge.

If you only get 6 hours play time it sucks so don't buy it.

Darwin:
Agree with Carol... I also have an older Samsung mp3 player (2007 model - YPT-9) with 4GB storage and it plays for over 25 hours on a single charge and lasts, in stand-by more, forever... I get rattled trying to scroll through all the songs on it (about 3.8GB worth), though it doesn't have a large, touchscreen display - which I've found really helps on the Archoses that I own.

The two Archoses are rated at over 20 hours music playback as well. Mine are both internet tablets (A43IT - 36 hours rated music playback - and A5IT - 22 hours music playback) with flash memory. Archos has dedicated mp3 players in the $30 - $99 range that are smaller but also feature shorter battery life (8 to 15 hours from the quick search I did). Sony makes a range of well thought of mp3 players as well. Where I am, the 8GB models are often on sale for under $100 and the 16GB models for under $130.

I'm with Carol: look for the highest quality you can afford. The audio output, forget battery life, will make it worth it!

PS (added in edit): I am reasonably confident that the audio output from the iPod clones that you are considering will not be all that great...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version