ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

010 Editor (hex editor) discounted today at bitsdujour.com

<< < (2/3) > >>

NigelH:
Get your job to cash out for a pro license? It's not a lot of cash if it means productivity boost.
-f0dder (July 22, 2011, 04:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
One could wait for a long time for that to happen (if ever) in a large company.
Besides, my usage is theoretical at this point but I can see a lot of potential.
I'm seriously tempted though ...

wraith808:
Except that Am I a commercial user or a home/academic user?
This is particularly irksome.
If I buy a license (in my personal capacity) to use at work, I will have to pay the commercial price.
-NigelH (July 22, 2011, 06:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
And what if your primary use is for home... but it's useful for one thing that comes up later for work?  That is pretty irksome.  I suppose they are trying to not be taken advantage of, but I personally don't think that's the way to do it.
-wraith808 (July 22, 2011, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Get your job to cash out for a pro license? It's not a lot of cash if it means productivity boost.
-f0dder (July 22, 2011, 04:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's the principle of the thing, not the cash.  And while it's true that you could very well just not worry about that provision of the license... again, it's the principle.

xtabber:
010 editor is at BDJ again today for $49.95 (Commercial)/$19.95(Home/Academic).

010 Editor is designed primarily to be a hex/binary editor, but it handles text well too. For serious editing, it does not have the features I depend on in Kedit and EditPad Pro, but it is far more capable than Notepad and loads much faster than EditPad. Because it integrates nicely in the right-click menu for Explorer and can read any type of file, it has become my goto editor when I just want to look at a file or make some simple text edits.

xtabber:
Once again, 010 editor is at BDJ today for $49.95 (Commercial)/$19.95(Home/Academic).

Version 5, introduced last year, has many new features, including syntax highlighting, column mode and customizable toolbars and menus, that make it more competitive with regular text editors, while retaining its unique binary editing capabilities.

It is also now available for Linux.

xtabber:
This is back on BDJ today - Jan 22, 2015.

Version 6 has added 64 bit executables and regex searches, among other things.

While not my working text editor (I still use Kedit and EditPad Pro for that, depending on what I am doing), this remains my everyday go-to tool for quickly examining and/or editing ANY kind of file from an explorer right click.

Runs on Windows, Mac & Linux (Ubuntu) and a single user license is good for all your computers and operating systems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version