ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

[CANCELED]: Dungeon AI

(1/2) > >>

kamahl:
Recently I have been wanting to play more D&D rather than just DMing all the time. Unfortunately nobody I know is willing to step up as a DM at the moment.   As such, I've decided to make my computer do so for me :P

Basically, DungeonAI is an application that can act as a GameMaster for D&D4E, complete with battlemap and condition/HP tracking.  

I'll probably code it in Java.  More details to come soon.

PS:  I don't actually have an internet connection right now, so I won't respond to this post for a couple days. :-[

kyrathaba:
Great, kamahl!  Looking forward to this!  I'm also a fan of AD&D 4e.

Shades:
[troll mode]

2nd Edition AD&D trumps 4e...always!...by miles!

[/troll mode]

:P

mouser:
I am *extremely* interested in the more general idea of designing a real-life board/card/rpg game where a computer is used to dynamically generate content.. I've been toying with ideas for designing games that have the computer build a random adventures/scenarios that players would print out and then play.  Might be fun to talk about your plans as you proceed.

kyrathaba:
The most fun I've had RPing has been using AD&D 2E.

That said, in recent years my favorite system is Dominion Rules.  I'm building KATE (Kyrathaba's Advanced Text-adventure Engine), which will leverage Dominion Rules.  Sadly, this is a large project, and will not be ready for release for quite some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version