ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Want to see impressive numbers?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I just left BoA about 6 months ago in favor of a small local bank ... I'd just had enough of their greedy fees.

40hz:
I say write off the debt and start over!! I'll forgive me my portion of the debt... how about you folks?   :P
-J-Mac (July 19, 2011, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't have any debt. There are enough chains and shackles without adding a big iron ball to the chain...

-Renegade (July 19, 2011, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Renegade hits it spot on! :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
Well, from that linked Debt-tracking page, the US govt. sure seems to think that you do! Unless you are not in the US.

Jim

kyrathaba:
It's like George Carlin said, we live in a country where the rich have most of the money, pay none of the taxes; the middle class pays most of the taxes and has a little of the money; the poor are there ... just to scare the shit out of the middle class!

Renegade:
It's like George Carlin said, we live in a country where the rich have most of the money, pay none of the taxes; the middle class pays most of the taxes and has a little of the money; the poor are there ... just to scare the shit out of the middle class!
-kyrathaba (July 25, 2011, 09:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahah~! I LOVE George Carlin! His comedy was simply brilliant. The world lost something precious when he died.

But I think I'm missing something... Looking at the World Debt Clock:

Want to see impressive numbers?

Check the US numbers, then look at France, the UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy... THEY'RE WORSE!

Europe seems to be in far worse condition than the US, and the US is pretty close to bankrupt. They're discussing defaulting on their debt!!!

Is that right? Is Europe in far worse a position than the US? If so, how? How could anyone be so grossly irresponsible to get debt soar to such insane levels?

Australia and Canada are the only 2 "western" countries that seem to have debt levels that could just possibly on a crazy day... warrant letting them out of their straight-jackets. Still bad, but nothing near the levels in Europe.

Am I missing something? If so, what?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version