ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend disk imaging software?

<< < (10/10)

Armando:

I have found Drive Snapshot to be one of the secret software gems on the web. It has a GUI as well as command line - DOS and Windows use - and the entire program is under 300k! Just have a look at this page (begin reading at section "Mount a disk Image as virtual drive") to find out some of its more hidden capabilities.
-brahman (June 12, 2010, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Second thing I learn from you today ! Thanks for that one -- definitely looks nice. Will check it out.

MilesAhead:
I just downloaded Macrium Reflect 5.0 Trial. They claim both the Linux Boot CD and the WinPE boot disc have USB 3.0 support. That's what I've been waiting for. Unfortunately it's not a free upgrade.  To v. 5 standard from 4.2 standard is about 1/2 price.

The free version 5 when it finally comes out should have the Linux boot CD with USB 3.0 support. I guess it's a feature of the new Linux 3.x kernels.

I did a backup with the new 5.  Some changes to the v 4.2 Gui but nothing that forces you to read the help. I'm not going to test the boot CD yet. Maybe sometime this week. Restores should be a lot faster if I can read from my USB 3.0 docks at full speed. Plus that avoids the headache of copying image files to USB 2.0 drives or sticking the drive in a USB 2.0 dock.

http://www.macrium.com/pages/downloads.aspx

edit: still no joy.  The Linux boot CD does not recognize SIIG USB 3.0 card. I already have version 4.2 with WinPE where I can manually load the SIIG Windows driver. No reason to upgrade that I can see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version