ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BrowserID - Mozilla's solution to the password problem

<< < (5/6) > >>

J-Mac:
And to be honest, OpenID isn't much better currently with regard to the number of sites using it, unfortunately. I like OpenID but I don’t get many chances to use it.

Jim

wraith808:
And to be honest, OpenID isn't much better currently with regard to the number of sites using it, unfortunately. I like OpenID but I don’t get many chances to use it.

Jim
-J-Mac (January 07, 2014, 01:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Bare openid seems to be going away.  I've had to change mine on every site that I formerly used it on.  Finally gave up and started using Google as my provider. *sigh*

40hz:
To make something like this work and be accepted, you either need a great deal of financial or moral clout behind you. Mozilla has neither.

And, as was noted, the way it works can be considered a stopgap at best.

Can the next contestant please step up?  ;D

superboyac:
Wouldn't web id's and stuff eventually evolve like mailing addresses did?  I don't know the history, but I imagine when mailing addresses first were formalized, a similar thing occurred with privacy and such, no?

Tuxman:
I like OpenID but I don’t get many chances to use it.-J-Mac (January 07, 2014, 01:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Large tech sites mostly allow a sign-in by OpenID, some board systems added that... well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version