ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google+ Extensions thread

<< < (8/13) > >>

Armando:
@zridling, @mahesh2k

Chrome is faster than firefox for sure (although chrome once choked on a Google+ page -- this is anecdotal though and probably doesn't tell anything).

In any case Google+ doesn't seem light at all... don't know if Flash and Ajax are the "cause" or if Firefox is. Will do some more testing this week if I have the time. Thanks.

Tuxman:
Chrome is not faster than Firefox. It was, years ago...

Armando:
You might be right. But that's not the point. Errr...  I should've put my comment in context : in the context of Google+ and my home, Chrome is faster than Firefox for sure.  :) (I've usually got no interest in benchmarks of any sort for browsers as it seems like an endless debate with too many parameters involved -- Unless the difference is so blunt that there's no possible ambiguity.)

Tuxman:
It is entirely independent of the website that Firefox is faster, unless Google introduced some "let's slow down foreign browsers" technology.

Armando:
Ok, firefox is faster... That said, Google+ is still slower here on firefox and I'm wondering why. But no big deal... I was asking if other people had the same experience as this is a Google+ related thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version