ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google+ Extensions thread

<< < (7/13) > >>

zridling:
Stream+ for Google+
http://stream-plus.appspot.com/

The following experiment is just a proof of concept of how to use the Google+ API. Built over the hangout, developed by +Mohamed Mansour.
Once you log in, it will fetch all your public posts on your stream and classifies each item in a topic. Later on you can view all your topics on the left and all the documents that are similar to that topic on the right. So far, the API looks solid, this was built without knowing AppEngine or OAuth. Props to the AppEngine team, you guys really did something so easy. I am in love with the Eclipse IDE integration. Very easy, took me minutes to learn it. I just used the examples online given by the Google+ team and hacked away with the API. I am really impressed regarding the simplicity of the API. The core logic and algorithms were completed in around 3 hours while the remaining of the time was tweaking the UI to make the experience better.

Armando:
Could be because of its beta-ish state, but here Google+ is  s - l - o - w.
It's been like that, well... at least since I've started using it.  :)

I like the way it works etc., but I have to have to wait for ever for pages to finally load. Compared to it, Facebook is a racing car. And that's not a good thing. :-[

Am I the only one experiencing that slowness ?

Tuxman:
I wonder which multi-network client will implement the API first: Yoono or Tweetdeck?

zridling:
Could be because of its beta-ish state, but here Google+ is  s - l - o - w.
Am I the only one experiencing that slowness ?-Armando (September 16, 2011, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure, but there's no good reason it should be slow in your part of Canada. Are you using Chrome browser or another browser?

mahesh2k:
I checked the elements that loads with G+, i guess they're running flash+ajax on the page, that could be the reason they're slow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version