topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [BUG] v2.00.03 : Status bar has black text on black background  (Read 4212 times)

DonationCoderTransmit

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is a very old problem, reported before, which I am sorry to still see in v2.

In short, I think CHS is picking up the Status bar black background from my XP SP3 system Theme, but not also picking up the complementary white text from the Theme (instead, I guess, CHS's text is 'hard-coded' as black). The result is that the text is invisible.

I'm sure it's a rare occurrence, with a peculiar Theme, and I'm only reporting it while I'm posting other stuff too. But I presume programs are supposed to pick up all Theme elements, if grabbing any of them? And I don't think I have a black status bar in any other program: is CHS coded so that the status bar is picking up the colour from a menu item? I have lots of (system themed) things with black menus (almost all of which with white text). If so, is that, er, right?

It would be nice to quash this little buglet, if possible ...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: [BUG] v2.00.03 : Status bar has black text on black background
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:27 AM »
Hi DCT..
I apologize for the delay in responding to your CHS bug reports -- I've just had my head buried in another programming project for last couple of weeks.
I'm going to try changing the statusbar text color to what looks like it should be (clMenuText), and let's see if that fixes your problem in the next release, which i will upload in the next day or so.  let me know!

DonationCoderTransmit

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: [v2.00.03] Queries/suggestions: Date presets / SQL / Images
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 06:13 AM »
No need to apologise, Mouser, I appreciate that you're spinning a lot of plates. And thanks for the good news: I'll certainly let you know if it does the trick.

I suppose this is the right time to mention my other tiny issue. When I call up the Main Window (from the Quick Paste Menu, or hotkey), I like it to be maximised. But the first time (only) in each session, it opens as a normal (not maximised) window. After then maximising it, it re-opens maximised on subsequent occasions. But that setting is not sticky across CHS sessions. Could it be, please?