ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

InfoQube & TreeSheets: Information managers of the future

<< < (8/8)

urlwolf:
I found a tool that is almost identical to rightnote: mynoteskeeper. Who copies who, is up in the air, but I find this:
"We are a privately owned software provider located in beautiful Shenzhen, Guangdong China" an indicator that bauerapps was first.

There are some minor differences. No xls note type on mynoteskeeper; less configuration options, but also smaller exe size.

rjbull:
Looks good, though, and clearly under active development. (And there's a 35% discount on the full version right now, it appears.) -oblivion (August 25, 2011, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think they often have a discount on AllMyNotes :)  It's nice to see a Portable version, and there's a Free Edition, too.  The author has posted in DC occasionally.

Writer:
PIMs have been one my fancied applications for at least 10 years now. Over the years I have moved from ECCO to KeyNote and then to Infoselect. I did also try Zoot for a while, and used to love its Zooter and auto-categorizing. Later I moved to a combination of OneNote and CintaNotes. Although I have never been quite happy with OneNote, I have not found a good replacement yet. CintaNotes is good for what it does.

PIMs are probably one of those products that a lot of moderate and power users may use. In their variety, I find this class of applications very similar to ToDo List applications. There are a multitude of products out there, each with its own strengths and quirks. Every few months a lot of new products show up with a lot of promise but quickly languish for lack of development.

Based on your posts and opinions, I tried out RighNote, and it definitely looks good.

Every time I see a new review, I eagerly look up the application, but I almost always come down disappointed. A few features I look for are:

* Auto categorizing of incoming content – Zoot was wonderful with this
* Search as you type (live search) – InfoSelect did a great job with search filtering
* Sync across multiple devices – have an online option.
* Quick and snappy, with a small footprintI guess Aram (SuperboyAC) had these listed in his Notetaking Software roundup.

Like many of you, a good PIM that works for me will remain a distant dream, quite like that Indian parable of a mongoose with half a golden coat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version