ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

InfoQube & TreeSheets: Information managers of the future

<< < (3/8) > >>

superboyac:
So I've been using Treesheets fairly heavily the last few weeks...I'm just continuing to be more and more impressed with it.  I think I have found my ultimate note taker.  This thing is brilliant.  This is what I'm talking about when I talk about elegance in a program.  It is visually really nice, very easy to use compared to most applications of this kind, and the unique way it handles hierarchical information is just in a class of its own.  I'm able to display my weirdest and most complex ideas in a very satisfying way with this program.  It may very well replace multiple programs that I currently use regularly.

Give this a shot, people.  Any of you who are interested in mind mapping, information management, todo lists, outliners, anything like that...try this out.  I give it my highest recommendation possible.

urlwolf:
Any chance you would take a video of what you did?
I tried to use it, but discarded it quickly... it just didn't resonate.

superboyac:
Any chance you would take a video of what you did?
I tried to use it, but discarded it quickly... it just didn't resonate.
-urlwolf (August 18, 2011, 08:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you tell me your thoughts on it, I'd be able to comment on it.  What didn't you like about it?  What would you like it to accomplish?  I can't show you the grids I have prepared because they are private, and creating one from scratch would take a while.  But if I know what you need, I can maybe do a little thing about that.

For me, the best way I like to describe it is this:  it feels like it shows me graphically the way my brain works.  You start with a a general subject, and you just dig deeper and deeper and deeper.  You can literally hone in (zoom in) on your idea.  It is seriously effective for me.

cyberdiva:
Over the years, I've used a zillion different information gatherers/managers, but none of them seemed good for everything.  Then I discovered Surfulater, and that has been my information manager of choice for the past couple of years.  I haven't tried InfoQube or TreeSheets, but I don't feel any real need to switch.  The one thing I haven't found is a replacement for askSam's ability to create free-form databases.  The rest of askSam sucks, IMHO, but for free-form databases I continue to use askSam.  Are there easy-to-use alternatives?  I have no wish to deal with Access-type programs.  Also, I don't care whether a program can do other things--all I'm looking for is an easy-to-use program to create and use databases.

40hz:
@CyberDiva - I've noticed you often speak highly of Surfulator. Ever consider posting a review of Surfulator on DC? You're a longtime user so you'd be uniquely qualified to do it.
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version