ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

InfoQube & TreeSheets: Information managers of the future

(1/8) > >>

superboyac:
As many of you know, my obsession with information managers has been going on for many years now.  Lately, the two that I have the most high hopes for are InfoQube and TreeSheets.  Infoqube has the potential to be the most "workhorse" type of PIM.  If done right, it should be able to destroy UltraRecall, Zoot, OneNote, AskSam...its potential is very impressive.  Then there's TreeSheets which has impressed me on another level.  It's not the workhorse that IQ is or other serious information managers, but it's take on information management is by far the most intriguing of any I've seen.

That's it.  Just thought I'd share that.

rgdot:
Same sort of obsession, I have used most you can name, pretty sure I have covered 100% of freeware ones ever made. InfoQube comes close and I love it. But got to say I am still looking for something that brings simplicity into accessing notes, snippets of text in one view. I posted about Pigeonhole here before and the likes of Notebox Disorganizer and Treesheets come close too.

40hz:
@rgdot - thanks for the mention of Pigeonhole. Wasn't familiar with that one.  :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
Pigeonhole is nice.  But unlike the other two I mentioned, I don't really see it as having a lot of future potential.  It's a good, simple application for holding some notes.  With IQ and TS, they have this ability to really grow with the application, and they are flexible enough to transform according to your personal mindset.  I really hope the developers continue to fine tune and work on these applications.

40hz:
Pigeonhole is nice.  But unlike the other two I mentioned, I don't really see it as having a lot of future potential.  It's a good, simple application for holding some notes.  With IQ and TS, they have this ability to really grow with the application, and they are flexible enough to transform according to your personal mindset.  I really hope the developers continue to fine tune and work on these applications.
-superboyac (July 14, 2011, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was thinking Pigeonhole would be ideal for a quick reference manual. I'm imagining setting it up for all the major commands in a given piece of software. Might be fun to do it for bash for example.
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version