ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Got Space?

<< < (12/25) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I'm still working on/trying to replicate the format caused app hang bugg. But I can add it to the todo list.

I usually just reset permissions on the .ini file because I hate to have to go hunting for stuff. *Shrug* ...But I've also never been normal.

:D

kyrathaba:
I usually just reset permissions on the .ini file
--- End quote ---

So I could have the EXE create the INI file while the EXE resides, say, on my desktop.  Then, copy both EXE and INI to a Program Files subdirectory, perhaps?

Stoic Joker:
I usually just reset permissions on the .ini file
--- End quote ---

So I could have the EXE create the INI file while the EXE resides, say, on my desktop.  Then, copy both EXE and INI to a Program Files subdirectory, perhaps?-kyrathaba (September 06, 2011, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, or just create a text file in the program directory named GotSpace.ini ... The key is the give yourself (and therefore GS) write access to the file. That way you can update it later without running into nagging permissions errors.

I'll still see what I can do about an AppData .ini Just to see if I can do it without breaking the programs intended behavior. But the idea was to be able to (semi-transparently) let the app have two independent sets of settings; home base (stored in registry), and portable (stored in the .ini) file.

At work I keep it in the top right hand corner if a 22" WS monitor.
At home I keep it in the top right hand corner of the right monitor (dual 17" monitors).
In the field I like it to use the default behavior of jumping to center screen so I can find it while dealing with random client equipment.

All of which I can do with the same ThumbDrive copy and its .ini because the registry super-cedes the .ini file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other front, I'm having zero luck trying to get this damn thing to hang (how's that for an odd complaint...). I set the auto update to 1 sec, and then left it running while running a series of formats on an old ThumbDrive. Added some extra test code to flag/catch a stumble ... Then sat there watching the statusbar update timestamp to see if it would freeze at any point.

Can you reproduce the behavior?? or is/was this a one-in-a-million fluke type bugg?

I wanna fix it, but I can't find the little mother :) er.

kyrathaba:
I haven't tried reproducing this behavior... yet.  But I was formatting a USB drive while the hang occurred, if that helps.

kyrathaba:
Hey, don't worry about implementing that feature request.  I'll just use what we've discussed to permit an INI file in Program Files subdir.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version