ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Got Space?

<< < (3/25) > >>

Stoic Joker:

I did see some of that (with Floppies) on Win2k in testing but not on XP and above. I can't quite tell from the SS, are you XP?

-Stoic Joker (July 20, 2011, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was dumb of me, I should have specified: XP-32 SP3.
-cranioscopical (July 21, 2011, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's ok, I didn't notice the errors on my VirtualPC XP because I didn't realize it was reading the disk in the host machines A: drive. So that part of my initial test was completely invalid. (Tehehe - :wallbash:)

worstje:
Feature request:
I have a subdirectory of my D: drive, SUBSTed to drive F:. This shows them both of type Local, with all the same figures. Could the type show 'Subst' or 'Mapped', and optionally where it is mapped to?
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Ath (July 21, 2011, 01:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just looking at that screenshot, the diskspace calculations for that drive also need to be re-examined for the SUBSTed case. Rather than doing FreeSpaceOnSubst = OriginalDriveCapacity - SubstedTreeSize, it should completely depend on the original partition for for as far 'free size' is concerned. This would break an intuitive idea where Capacity = Used + Free for the subst drives however, thus making that row of numbers look weird. Then again, a substed drive is little more than a small mirage, so I'd be in favor of just noting '-' as the Capacity just to get rid of any confusion regarding the matter. Otherwise, one might erroneously try to add up the total disk capacity in the computer and count the same drives capacity multiple times.

It looks like an awesome tool, by the way. Great job! :)

Stoic Joker:
Feature request:
I have a subdirectory of my D: drive, SUBSTed to drive F:. This shows them both of type Local, with all the same figures. Could the type show 'Subst' or 'Mapped', and optionally where it is mapped to?
-Ath (July 21, 2011, 01:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Done. See updated SS (and download) above. SUBST drives now show as type SUBST, and are not added to the total system drive space numbers.

Stoic Joker:
Then again, a substed drive is little more than a small mirage, so I'd be in favor of just noting '-' as the Capacity just to get rid of any confusion regarding the matter.-worstje (July 21, 2011, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good point, future builds will incorporate this distinction - I just added the code for it to the project - So it'll be there for the next update.

Stoic Joker:
Getting exceptions due to empty drives.
So, refresh creates a loop that has to be forcibly terminated.

FYI Some virtual drives (HIJ), legacy floppy support is on (A), card reader (N), SATA opticals (UV)
-cranioscopical (July 20, 2011, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, just to make sure we're on the same page:

Are the only drives that are throwing errors the two removable drives A: & N:??

The optical drives (HIJU & V) both SATA & Virtual should all be fine. Yes?

I don't have a card reader to test with but the floppy seems to be alone in its intent to creating mayham.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version