ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Got Space?

<< < (13/25) > >>

Stoic Joker:
My how time slips away...

Finally got a few minutes to poke the GS project with a stick so I thought I'd update folks what I'm currently working on for the next build. So... comming soon (i hope...) ontext menu with three options:

Extended Information - Honestly not a clue what this will do, but it sounds cool Huh?
Open drive letter X: in Windows explorer - This will also be the default double-click option.
Edit drive label for drive X: - Obviously this will not work for Optical & SUBST drives but everything else has past the first batch of tests.

So that's the plan at the moment ... Suggestions welcome :)

cranioscopical:
Suggestions welcome-Stoic Joker (September 20, 2011, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

On W7-64 my external USB drives show up as local (both USB 2 and 3).
How about a user-selectable exclusion by drive letter?

Context menu entry to eject drive?
Context menu entry to 'safely remove' drive?

Stoic Joker:
Suggestions welcome-Stoic Joker (September 20, 2011, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

On W7-64 my external USB drives show up as local (both USB 2 and 3).
How about a user-selectable exclusion by drive letter?-cranioscopical (September 20, 2011, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had actually been toying with that, but wasn't sure if it was needed. Guess I'll delve into it a bit more then.

Context menu entry to 'safely remove' drive?-cranioscopical (September 20, 2011, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

This one might get me into trouble as not all drives are ejected the same (USB vs. Optical vs. ?), but it's worth a shot. I was also thinking about adding mapping/disconnecting network drive options. But that's really getting close to the razor edge of the project scope. As initially this was only supposed to be a passive display utility. *Shrug* Oops. :)

cranioscopical:
Context menu entry to 'safely remove' drive?-cranioscopical (September 20, 2011, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

This one might get me into trouble as not all drives are ejected the same (USB vs. Optical vs. ?), but it's worth a shot. I was also thinking about adding mapping/disconnecting network drive options. But that's really getting close to the razor edge of the project scope. As initially this was only supposed to be a passive display utility. *Shrug* Oops. :)
-Stoic Joker (September 21, 2011, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
They are only suggestions  :)
Had you not made it so effective you might have got away with passive only. (Make rod for Empire, Empire strikes back.)
Basically, being very, very lazy I'll use only one utility for this kind of thing. To make my hit parade it has to be a one-stop solution. Feel free to rain on my parade as hard as you like.

I assume you could lock out inappropriate actions for given drive types.

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (September 21, 2011, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
They are only suggestions  :)
Had you not made it so effective you might have got away with passive only. (Make rod for Empire, Empire strikes back.)-cranioscopical (September 21, 2011, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

The Empire had a rod...? ...a Street Rod? I don't recall there being a death rod (death stick, maybe...) ...(has been a while since I've seen the movie, true...)... But I was thinking it was a sphere, or orb or something. Death Ball? No...That's not right. Death Cube?!? No, wait that was the borg. Shit, this is going to bugg me all day...

I assume you could lock out inappropriate actions for given drive types.-cranioscopical (September 21, 2011, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too except for the ones that defy definition, like external USB drives that insist on calling themselves local etc. But I think I can ballpark it cleanly enough to give it a shot ... We'll see what happens. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version