ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why Are Hackers Becoming So Angry?

<< < (3/3)

zridling:
And when someone honest tries to hold corporations and politicians to their lies, they promptly get asked to leave the building:

Cenk Uygur and the ethos of corporate-owned media
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/07/21/uygur/index.html

From the same magazine: An interview with a LulzSec member:
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2011/07/21/lulzsec_anonymous_chat/index.html

Stoic Joker:
I've been told the only differences between a traitor, a rebel, and a revolutionary are:

* who you asked
* whether or not they were successful
* and the amount of popular support they received regardless of the outcome
-40hz (July 22, 2011, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think there are a couple more factors not enumerated, i.e. the timing of the asking, and who is doing the asking.
-wraith808 (July 22, 2011, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, that part is completely irrelevant. It is all a matter of observation and people talking among themselves (no power plays or players in sight).

You mentioned Egypt. When the people there revolted and took to the streets, the world at large said Hay, good for you.

Conversely, when the tali-ban decided to make a point it was much less well received.

Tis really quite that simple.

wraith808:
I've been told the only differences between a traitor, a rebel, and a revolutionary are:

* who you asked
* whether or not they were successful
* and the amount of popular support they received regardless of the outcome
-40hz (July 22, 2011, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think there are a couple more factors not enumerated, i.e. the timing of the asking, and who is doing the asking.
-wraith808 (July 22, 2011, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, that part is completely irrelevant. It is all a matter of observation and people talking among themselves (no power plays or players in sight).

You mentioned Egypt. When the people there revolted and took to the streets, the world at large said Hay, good for you.

Conversely, when the tali-ban decided to make a point it was much less well received.

Tis really quite that simple.
-Stoic Joker (July 22, 2011, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Those parts are not irrelevant, as shown by how different anonymous surveys are than ones that are not, and the difference in someone asked about a revolution before and after it happens that is in the middle of the revolution.

And when someone honest tries to hold corporations and politicians to their lies, they promptly get asked to leave the building:
-zridling (July 22, 2011, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

In some cases, yes (note the addendum at the bottom).  But if you truly believe in it, then you don't want to work there anyway, no?  So why not ask?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version