ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software Mysteries (or: the rants and raves of a tech blogger)

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
On of our favorite sites, FreewareGenius.com, has a fun piece up today with musings and observations on the world of freeware.  In it he talks about some of the strange patterns he has noticed after reviewing so many programs.  Some funny stuff, and also some comments that should be useful to people looking for programming ideas.  Let's hope Samer writes more of these kinds of articles in the future!

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2011/07/12/software-mysteries-or-the-rants-and-raves-of-a-tech-blogger/

Ath:
Just read the article, and he has some good points :up:, though it's a bit narrow-banded, ranting on about the free video converters ;D

justice:
Discovered excellent new programs via the Freeware Top 30 link there:
Mikogo, Sizer, Peazip, SuperCopier, SendToToys, DvdFlick..

doctorfrog:
And here I thought I was the only one who got nothing out of GTD and wishes Lifehacker would stop talking about it.

kyrathaba:
5- Why so few freeware screenshot capture programs offer a “redo last capture” option. This is an option that I really need and use, but is consistently missing from most screenshot programs.

This has become the first thing I look for in a screenshot taking program, and, if missing, I move on. The only free programs that do this that I know of are PicPick, Screenpresso, and Screenshot Captor.
--- End quote ---

Kudos, mouser!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version