ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Dropbox "Desktop"

<< < (2/3) > >>

doctorfrog:
Sorry for the late reply. The install of PStart essentially extracts PStart.exe to wherever you want it. After that, it's totally portable and you can even delete the installer and copy PStart.exe anywhere and start using it. It's so useful, I use it in Dropbox, USB drives, to organize task-based programs I have, and even launch games.

I'm going to also check out Toolbox, it looks pretty neat.

Tuxman:
Maybe a little late, but:
Tried to replace "shortcuts" by "hard links"?

limelect:
Well i started to write an application that is basically a desktop (short cut) viewer.
I shows all the short cut and one can execute them.
The reason is my Desktop is over spilled with icons and i could not find where they are.
Unfortunately i do not have too much time so i work on it fairly slow.
By now the basic works. But i want to include many more things in side.
So i am planning to put it on NANY.
I hope this is the program you meant.

app103:
I have an app I made a long time ago called Clutterbuster that could work for this. But it only works with exe files and if the exe file doesn't contain an icon, the button will be blank.

Place it at the root of your Dropbox folder. Set it up by right clicking a button and selecting an exe file to associate with it. Once you have set all the buttons you desire, close the app and it will save the settings in an ini file. Open that ini file in Notepad and edit the paths to be relative.

It will hold a total of 100 apps, but you can use multiple copies if you need more. Just name it something different (ex: Clutterbuster1.exe, Clutterbuster2.exe, etc. or Web Apps.exe, System Utilities.exe, etc.) Each copy will create its own ini file.

Keep in mind that this is no longer being actively developed by me. It is given as-is. If it works for you, great...if it doesn't, delete it and forget I suggested it.

I originally whipped this up to shut my daughter up when we shared a PC with a single user account and she started complaining about all my apps she wasn't interested in cluttering up the taskbar. It was created without writing a single line of code. If you want the Delphi "source" PM me.   :D

Hyphen:
Both of those look really good guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version